Welcome to The Burrow! Our platform and physical spaces are a place for Zoos to come together to take care of their mental wellbeing and to grow spiritually. As Zoos, we are an integral part of the world's history, and we believe that those who love animals should be proud of our ancient and far-spread roots.
We understand that our journey as Zoos is a deeply personal and sometimes difficult one, which is why we respect the privacy of all our participants. We offer a safe and supportive environment for everyone to share their experiences, offer support and guidance, and learn from each other. Our aim is to help you feel confident, strong, and connected to a positive community of like-minded people who share your passion for animals and their wellbeing.
We offer a variety of resources and tools to help you take care of your mental health and spiritual growth, including interactive sessions, activities, and teachings from different spiritual practices from around the world. Some of these activities take place in person as part of a group or one-on-one, in addition to the those available online. Some of our activities include:
- Online Talking Circles
- Healing Ceremonies
- Sweat Lodges
- Vision Quests
At The Burrow, we believe that taking care of yourself is essential to your relationship with the animals you love. We welcome everyone from all backgrounds and experiences, so come join us and let's grow together!
Who is holding this space?
The Burrow is run by Kumukemai, a member of the Wixárika People. He has been trained in Lakota style ceremonies as well as the medicine practices of his own People. He has practiced Theravada Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hahn since 2016.
To ensure that we create a safe, positive, and supportive environment for all members, we have established the following guidelines. These guidelines are designed to help us prioritize the wellbeing of our members and their animals, focus on spirituality, respect each other's privacy, and participate positively. By following these guidelines, we can all work together to create a community that supports and uplifts each other on our collective journey towards animal liberation and happiness.
- Follow the Zeta Principles: The Zeta Principles set an excellent standard for Zoo behavior. Let's focus on how we can improve our lives and those of the animals we love by following them.
- Respect Each Other's Privacy: We understand that mental health and spiritual growth are deeply personal and sometimes difficult journeys. Please respect each other's privacy and avoid sharing personal information without consent.
- Embrace Diversity: We value and welcome diversity in all its forms, including differences in beliefs, cultures, and backgrounds. Discriminatory comments or behavior will not be tolerated in this space.
- Stay Safe: The Burrow is a safe and supportive environment, but please be mindful of your own safety and wellbeing. If you are feeling overwhelmed or need support, reach out right away.
- We Begin on the Physical Level: Being an active member of The Burrow requires attendance of at least one in person ceremony, whether as part of a group or one-on-one, per year. This keeps the "unity" in our community and provides radical support that may not exist online.
How do I get involved?
Please feel free to send us an email at Kumukemai@proton.me to learn more about how you can participate in our events and activities, or to share your thoughts and ideas with us. Thanks again for joining us on this journey, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!